Akshay Kumar Upbeat on Pak Indo Cricket Team


Bollywood star Akshay Kumar said the joint team of Pakistan and India would prove the best team in the world.

Akshay Kumar said his movies earn the most in Pakistan and love which he receives from Pakistan is unmatched anywhere else.

Akshay said he loved Lahore cuisines saying, ‘I happened to eat some Lahori specialties which I relished a great deal.’

Bollywood star Akshay Kumar said he expected the film to repeat the success of his previous hits and called Canada a heaven on earth.

"What you are going to see in 'Tees Maar Khan' is total entertainment. It is a Bollywood masala movie which will appeal to everyone,'' said the actor. The film is due for release next week.

In the film, directed by Farah Khan and jointly produced by his wife Twinkle Khanna, Akshay plays a con man named Tabrez Mirza Khan, with Katrina in the role of his girlfriend Anya.

"I play the role of an uneducated con man who plans to rob a train containing 10,000 kg of antiques. The script is so good that all characters come along with me and I am conning all of them. I rob the train with their help but no one among them knows that they are helping me,'' said Akshay Kumar, rating Katrina as his favourite actress.

The actor credited Farah Khan with doing an excellent job of directing the film. "She did a great job. Because of its excellent script, the film has created new 'muhawara' (idiom) in dialogue,'' he said, reciting a few lines used in the film.

About his own role, he said, "I have been an entertainer for the past 22 years. I have done it in this film and will keep doing it in the future.''

Asked why he chooses Canada more than other countries for shooting and releasing his films, he said he has fallen in love with this country. "I love Canada since I did my first film here 17-18 yeas ago. I have been here hundreds of times, but every time I love coming here again. I tell people in India that if they want to see 'jannat' (heaven) on this planet, they should visit Canada,'' said the actor who is currently serving as a brand ambassador in India for the Canadian Tourism Commission.

The star, who finished shooting his first Hollywood film 'Break Away' here some time ago, said, "The film will be released in May-June. We have sold its distribution rights to Alliance Atlantis."

Shot in Toronto, the film revolves around Canada's national game ice hockey to address issues of cultural conflicts among new immigrants to this country.

No comments: