Deepika, Abhishek Promote Upcoming Movie

Kolkata had a date with the Indian stars Deepika Padukone, Abhishek Bachchan and director Ashutosh Gowariker as they visited the city to promote their upcoming film 'Khelein Hum Jee Jaan Sey'.

The movie is a period movie based on the struggle of revolutionary Masterda Surjya Sen and 1930 Chittagong uprising against the British rule in India.

Abhishek Bachchan is playing the role of Surjya Sen in the film.

"I do film on the theme and story that come to me, while doing this movie my love towards history has increased, Malini Chatterjee's book has all the details. I decided to concentrate completely on Malini Chatterjee's book for Surjya Sen's reference," director Ashutosh Gowariker said about the film.

"I hardly knew much about Masterda, sadly, as Ashutosh told about the film, its story, I felt then would like doing it. I thought if I am not aware about, many people are not aware about him, this film gave me an opportunity to showcase him," Abhishek said.

Deepika who will be seen portraying the character of 'Kalpana Datta' in the film said: "I believe that saree is a sensual outfit that a women can wear, I feel that Kalpana's character was glamorous and gorgeous, for me the process as an actor is same, it has been a huge responsibility for me to portray such a character," when asked about her saree clad avatar, completely opposite to the roles she has been showcasing so far in her career.

No comments: